On Saturday morning, we woke up to rain. Never a good start to the day. But, I had already made plans to go to LedCafe. Every Saturday morning, a couple here on center hosts a coffee house. As you can see from the pictures above, their house is “away” from everything else. So, it really feels like you are getting away….even if it is only for a morning.
I mentioned to Caleb that I was going with my friend, Dorothea….and his face lit up. He wanted a Breakfast Burrito. I just think it is SO funny that Caleb NEVER wants to do anything unless food is involved. He was literally hiking through the mud and rain with the biggest smile on his face….telling us all to keep a good attitude. Who is this guy?? He was on a mission to get a burrito and nothing was going to get in his way.
Once we got to the house, we all took off our muddy shoes. I ordered a Mocha. Caleb ordered an Americano. Ben ordered an Apple Juice. I sat around with the ladies and Caleb got to talk “business” with the man of the house (who also happens to be a good friend). Ben found his way upstairs where they keep all the trains. He also ended up on the front porch playing with their cat. We enjoyed good food and good conversation while Ben played all morning. When it was time to leave, the rain had stopped.
Afterwards, we had set up a playdate for Ben. His friends Josiah and Annaka came over to play. We ended up dancing and singing the morning away!
All in all…it was a VERY nice and relaxing Saturday.
2 comments:
so glad to see that we'll have some competition in the noise department! :)
Sounds like a wonderful Saturday! I love breakfast burritos too, Caleb!
Post a Comment