Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Packages!

So….after the other posts did not post to the blog…I thought I would go back a little and check the posts that I sent from Caleb’s computer.  Yup…those did not post, either.

 

We got another package from our friends from Raleigh that I posted about but it never made it to the blog.

 

Some of our Raleigh friends (who are looking after all our affairs- financial, etc) sent us a box filled with all the magazines that we had subscribed but have not received since leaving the country.  HOW FUN!  You seriously take for granted the availability of magazines when you live in a country that is NOT America.  So, I have been enjoying all my Parents magazines and Better Homes and Gardens, etc etc.  Included in this box was the biggest bag of M&M’s that I have ever seen…had to be a BJ’s purchase….sigh….I miss BJ’s.  It did not take long for our family to eat through those! 

 

On a side note, a friend of mine made a dessert called “White Trash”…I have made it before…but called it “Reindeer Food”.  It is melted white chocolate mixed with chex mix, pretzels, cheerios, M&M’s, and things like that.  It cost her 30 US dollars to make a double batch of the recipe.  AND…the kicker is that she had to buy a whole box of each cereal, even though she only needed a couple cups of each.  Total cost of all the ingredients (and some ingredients were not even available) was between $60 and $70!!  Now, you might be thinking….WHY would she even bother.  It is a LONG story that I do not want to go into at this time….but, the longer we are here, the longer I realize that efforts like this (she made it as a present for people who live where you just cannot EVER get these ingredients) go a long way here.  Sometimes…..tastes from home or recipes from home (though crazy expensive) help to keep you sane!  And, when others invest in you for what seems like such a “little thing”, you really feel loved because you can only imagine the cost of such a gift!

 

And….we really feel loved by our Raleigh friends and the packages they have sent to us….and by all our other friends and family who have written or sent packages to us, too! =0)

 

On that note….WE GOT ANOTHER PACKAGE!  This one is from our Maryland friends, Joe and Christina and their daughter, Abby!  I picked it up this morning…..but I have to wait until Caleb gets home to open it.  The suspense is KILLING me!  I have 14 minutes or so left…..now 13 minutes….

 

How exciting!!

No comments: