Wednesday, August 18, 2010

11th Grade Girls' Bible Study!

I think I posted about this before…but I will mention it again.  A few weeks ago, I got about 3 “job offers”.  All three of these jobs were 15 hours/week where I would likely have to be in the office.  After a lot of “maybe I should say yes” and “maybe I should say no”….I decided that now was just NOT the time to work three days a week.  Caleb is working about 80 hours a week and I have already committed to doing the bookkeeping for his office (and took on being the Daycare manager).  As it is, Ben is in daycare two mornings….and I just don’t think our family would function if I was out of the house all day (more about that in my next post).

 

So, I was really bummed about it.  I really struggled because I really like the people who need my help in their department.  Then, the day after I said “Not Now” to all three positions, I got an e-mail from the Youth Director.  He was looking for someone to lead the 11th Grade Girls’ Bible Study.  I was instantly excited…but waited anxiously to ask Caleb his opinion.  He could see my excitement, so I was able to say “yes”.  I cannot tell you how happy I am to hang out with these girls and pour into their lives.  In fact, I felt like it all came at exactly the right timing, especially since the girls will be graduating when we plan to head back to the US.  So, not only can I lead the group this year…but hopefully I can stick with them through the rest of their High School.

 

I feel like I need to give a “shout out” to Kerry.  Not only was she such an encouragement (and a PRO at leading awesome high school studies), but…she also sent all her study guides for this book that I brought with me.  Thanks, Kerry!!

 

Anyway…here is a picture of some of the girls (there are 15 in total)….they are really great!  I know that I am going to learn as much if not more from them this year.  I feel blessed to be a small part of their lives….not to mention I now have close to 15 new Facebook friends!  Who said you couldn’t be cool as a missionary??

1 comment:

Kerry said...

oooh, a shout out...love a shout out...you're SO welcome adrienne! :) i don't know if I was a pro, but I definitely cared and I tried. can't do much more than that! LOVE AND MISS YOUUUUUUU