Sport's Day....wow....it brings back so many good memories! Let me just start this post by saying that
I LOVE SPORT'S DAY!
I love it so much because there is a little something for everyone. This was our third Sports Day to attend. The first year, we had just arrived in Ukarumpa. It was literally THE first community event that we went to. So, it was a little sad thinking that this was the first community event and one of the last community events that we will attend. But, let's think on more positive things....like THE FOOD.
One of the best things about Sports Day is the food. You really don't have to cook for two days straight. You can get coffee and doughnuts and pastries for breakfast. Then, you can have the Famous Russell Steak Sanwiches for lunch....or sushi or Peruvian chicken or BBQ sandwiches. My mouth is watering just thinking about all the food again. And, in between meals, you can fill up on Orange Julius, cotton candy, sorbet and oh-so-much-more!
:The second year we went (last year), I announced I was pregnant:
Let me give you a little background about the event. It is centered around the high schoolers. When the eldest child of a family reaches grade 7, their family is either Alpha or Beta. If you are alpha, you all wear red. And, if you are Beta.....you catch on quickly....you all wear blue. Since I lead a Bible Study with girls that are on Alpha and some that are on Beta, last year, I wore both colors. Technically, I was in fact two people. So, I was Beta and the little red t-short on my belly represented that Melanie was Alpha.
So, this year, it was fun to dress Melanie up that way. She was an Alpha girl on Friday. I had to borrow an 18-month onesie for her to wear. (Thanks, Johanna!!) I tucked it into her skirt and tied the sleeves with pink ribbons to make it fit. But, the shirt was only wearable for one day. So, on Saturday, she was Beta.
Enjoy the pictures from the rest of the event!! As you can see, she is one loved little girl. All the grade 12's wanted to hold her. And, as you can also see, Ben had a great time eating cotton candy and playing with his friends in the mud. I loved just being out of the house and with my favorite people (my grade 12 girls and my other mom friends). Caleb was in Port Moresby and missed out on Friday. But, he made it on Saturday and was excited about the food! really, if it wasn't for the food, he probably would not have gone...
Oh...one last thing before you see the rest of the pictures. On Saturday, I decided to wear purple...a mix of alpha and beta. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment