We arrived at Jais Aben Resort. Keep in mind, it is a beautiful place to visit....probably my favorite place in PNG, but it is still a resort...in a third world country. But, it is the nicest place the class could afford.
Here is a picture of the sun setting. I am pretty sure Mandy took this one.
The girls got all dressed up for their first dinner out. We enjoyed a nice dinner....and were all smiles until the ride back to the resort.


Above is a picture of where the rock went through the window. It hit one of the girls and knocked her out for a little while. But, she quickly became lucid and was able to tell us her name, where she was, and all those fun questions. However, there was A LOT of blood from her head wound....and this was one of the most terrifying experiences I have had in this country. Thankfully, Mel was not in the car. Otherwise, this would have been the second car accident in two weeks for her. It was for me...
It felt so strange driving away from PNG medical care. But, we knew that we could not turn around and go back through the people who were throwing the rocks. It was dark, so the rock seemed to have come out of no where. Thankfully, when we got back to the resort, we could see that God had protected this precious girl. Though there was glass in her face that had to be removed, she didn't need stitches or anything like that. And, we were able to get into contact with expat doctors who were a few kilometers up the road from where we were staying. The doctors were there for a women's retreat and they agreed to have a look at this poor girl's face to make sure that everything was ok.
The next day, Stephanie wore a shirt with the words "The Rock" on the front with a Bible verse. I love the smiles on these girls faces because what Satan meant for bad in return brought all the glory to God.

It felt so strange driving away from PNG medical care. But, we knew that we could not turn around and go back through the people who were throwing the rocks. It was dark, so the rock seemed to have come out of no where. Thankfully, when we got back to the resort, we could see that God had protected this precious girl. Though there was glass in her face that had to be removed, she didn't need stitches or anything like that. And, we were able to get into contact with expat doctors who were a few kilometers up the road from where we were staying. The doctors were there for a women's retreat and they agreed to have a look at this poor girl's face to make sure that everything was ok.
The next day, Stephanie wore a shirt with the words "The Rock" on the front with a Bible verse. I love the smiles on these girls faces because what Satan meant for bad in return brought all the glory to God.

It may look like I am in a tropical paradise as a missionary, but I will tell you that pictures can be deceiving. I was asked to go as a sponsor, but that is because of the time that I have invested in these kids. God chose to put me in their lives at a very crucial time. Two years have passed since I first began meeting with these girls weekly for Bible Study. And, since then, I have seen so much growth in them. So many little things happened on this trip that could have disappointed them. But, I was right there with them as we turned the unfortunate events into memories that will be hard to forget now....
I feel so blessed to be involved in High School ministry.....who would have thought, right?? Not me!!


No comments:
Post a Comment