Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Missing You....

So, it has really hit me lately how much I miss my family and friends back home.

I think that this comes in waves and even though I know it is normal, it doesn't make it any easier.

My dad just celebrated his 60th birthday and I could not be there with him.

My grandfather is not doing very well and I am hoping that I will get to see him one day again (pre-heaven).

Greg and Jennifer just had their FIRST baby and I haven't even seen a picture of her.

I have never meet Dawn's husband.

Loria could use a hug in a bad sort of way.

My mom just started a new job and could use a listening ear.

Fellow missionaries from our home/sending church are returning for a visit this summer. So wish we could see them.

We have never met the new pastor of our home church.

And the list could go on and on....

I guess it doesn't help that this is the time of year here that half the center up and leaves. Next Sunday is called "Tissue Sunday" because of all the good-byes that are bound to happen that week-end.

Last year, during this time of year, we didn't know many people. And, the people we knew weren't going anywhere. Now, that is different. We personally know the people who are going and there is a chance that our paths may never cross again.

It is sad to say good-bye, but you also get this selfish idea like, "Take me with you!"

But, it is times like these that I am reminded that God brought my family here for a reason. He has a plan and He has been using Caleb to accomplish so many of His ways. There is no denying that. Again, I apologize that this is more of a personal blog....you do not get the "whole story" here about what Caleb is involved in and what he does on a daily basis. I have to admit that I look forward to the time when I can sit across the table from most of you, share a cup of PNG coffee (that we bring back) and share all the in's and out's of the ministry we are a part of. But, should God choose to use Caleb and his skills in other ways, it is just best not to blog everything here.

So, you are going to have to hang tight and trust that the support you are sending our way is in fact allowing Bible translation to go on.....by Caleb being here and filling this HUGE role, others are free to do the work that they came here to do in the first place. And, as always, please send up an e-mail with questions or if you want more specific information. We would be happy to get this information to you in a way other than through the internet. :)

So, it looks like this post went off on a tangent. I began by posting everything and everyone I miss....and ended being reminded that we are here at this time for a specific purpose. Don't you love it when you start a post with the "poor me's" and God changes your direction mid-post to remind you of what takes priority.....

No comments: