Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Good-Bye, Grandad....

Last night, I got an e-mail stating my grandfather had passed away in his sleep. He was my last living grandparent. Selfishly, I was praying and hoping and begging God not to take him away. I desperately wanted another chance to see him. But, I know that he was not very happy with life and his situation. He is in a better place now, and even though that is supposed to give me comfort....quite frankly, it doesn't.

Right now, I am hurting. I am grieving. I have no words of how God is using this to change me or to grow me. All I can focus on is the fact that my family is about to gather for a a funeral for a second time this year....and I cannot be there. It is times like these when I wish I could be there and not here.
Love you, Grandad! If I could, I would place a Champs dog in your casket with you, or I would visit Chuck's for a chocolate dipped ice cream cone in your memory.

Wow....if I am going to function today, I have got to stop typing this post.....

2 comments:

The Renfrows said...

I'm praying for you, Adrienne.

Jillian said...

We're so sorry for your loss Adrienne.