Sunday, July 29, 2012

Taping- The Love Language of Ukarumpa

I am sad, I seem to be missing the pictures that my mom took of us taping.  But, right before we left, Ben saw a house that was "taped". This means that the night before, some high schoolers had covered the yard and cars and such with video tape.  You see, in this high school community, you show others love by taping them.  Well, when Ben saw this house, he said, "I want to tape my friends."  I looked at him in all seriousness and said, "That is an excellent idea!"

Here are pictures from that night when we went taping.  I will have to add more later when I get the rest from my mom.

It was a cold, dark night.  Ben should have been asleep hours ago, but it was time to tape.  We all put on our hoodies.  I was all in black, so was MeeMom.  Ben wore all blue.  Caleb drove the get-away vehicle and Mel couldn't stay home by herself.  It was a family affair.

First stop:  The Stewart's.  I told Caleb not to park too close, but he didn't listen.  As we were getting out of the vehicle, the front door of the Stewart's house opened and Kelly stood at the door.  We ran screaming, back to the van and sped away.  We would have to return at a much later time.

The next stop was the Brewer's.  Their house was easy.  They were talking and laughing and watching loud TV and carrying on.  Ben and I taped and taped and taped some more...without them noticing.  As we were leaving, we saw little Mercy come to the window.  We made it undetected.

Next, we went back to the Stewart's.  We were afraid  that the Brewer's would call the Stewart's.  That's when we taped their yellow sub:



SUCCESS!

Lastly, we used all the tape we had left on the Metzger's house.  They had a babysitter that night- Meliah, so there was no way we would be discovered.  We weaved our way all around the back yard.  It was a masterpiece by the time we were finished.  This is the one house that Ben did most of it himself....OK, maybe not most of it, but he did do a lot of it all on his own.


We had one happy boy and I was super happy myself.


Lots of love to you, friends!  Ben picked the houses (Blakes, we were in Lae).  Hope you felt the "hug" from us by being taped.  That was the intent!!

1 comment:

Melissa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.