It was great to see this group of girls graduate. I feel like I have poured so much of myself into them....seeing them graduate was the perfect end to the last 21/2 years. But, going to see them all off was hard. These girls are scattered all over the world now. Practically every good-bye involved hugs, tears, the pilot coming and "taking them" away and then the plane leaving. Most mornings, we had to wake up at 6am just to get out to aviation in time. And, throughout the whole week, I was constantly afraid that for some reason, I would miss the plane.
That almost did happen, to one of the girls. There was a misunderstanding with the time of her flight and she almost had no one there to say good-bye. Now, you may not think this is a big deal, but it would have been awful. I believe that every missionary kid has a picture in their mind of what that last good-bye looks like....and for this girl, it would have been the opposite of what she expected.
Here are a few pictures out at aviation in the morning.
(BTW- Mel went to every good-bye! Love that little girl! Oh, and my mom was able to go to one or two!)
Girls, I love you so much and I miss you already. Saying "Good-Bye" to you was one of the saddest and happiest times in PNG. I wish you all the best. Oh...and here is a video I put together for them for graduation. My computer was on its last leg (literally shutting down whenever I tried to publish the movie) so the quality isn't great. But, it will give you a taste of the "good times" with these precious individuals. Be jealous!
Looks like the one video is too big...hmmm...I will have to work on that. In the meantime, here is the picture one for you to enjoy. If you go to the end, you will see what it looks like taking off in one of those little planes. Imagine saying good-bye and watching your girls take off in this plane 15 times!)
(really nice scenic pictures by Tim Scott)





No comments:
Post a Comment