Monday, April 18, 2011

Amazing Race: Part 3

The sixth challenge consisted of crawling up “Cemetery Hill” on our hands and knees.  Crystal, in our group, is pregnant…..so I am pretty sure this challenge was hard for her because it was HARD for me!  Also, when I went on the Senior Retreat, I cut up my knees on the coral, so I was struggling a bit from the pain.  But, the pain was all worth it when we reached the top.

 

The next clue was challenging.  We didn’t really understand it, but thought it meant the High School Drama Room.  We were right.  For the seventh challenge, we had to search through all the prop room clothes and things for an Amazing Race Flag.  You had 12 minutes to look and if you did not find it, you incurred a 5 minute penalty.  RIGHT at the end….I think we had about a minute or less left, I found the flag!  You can see the expression on our faces.  We were so happy to find that flag…..I. personally think this was a turning point in the game for us.  We knew people who did not find the flag would be 5 minutes behind us…..and many groups couldn’t find it.

 

After this challenge, we headed to a house with a clue that said, “Are you hungry?  No, we mean really, really, REALLY hungry.”  During our Pep Rally, we had discussed something like this.  Half of our team was ok with eating quantities…meaning, they would be OK eating large volumes of food.  The other two (myself included) said that we would eat gross things….if we had to.  So, reading this clue, we were confused.  We thought they meant quantity, but we should have known it would be something GROSS!  Above, you can read the sign and see the plate of food.  Kristen started, but when we realized the challenge was the one I had to do, we quickly swapped Kristen in and me out….incurring a 3 minute penalty.  Some of the things I had to eat: Squid, White Jelly Fish Fungus, Sardines (with bones), Grubs and Jelly Fish.  I couldn’t even read the sign while I was eating.  I just asked everyone to tell me how good I was doing and NOT to tell me what I was eating.  A couple challenges later, I was ready to find out.  I have to admit that I was pretty proud of myself for how fast I was eating the “food”.  At one point, I gagged….it was really funny. J  I was trying to eat the White Jelly Fungus which was just SO dry.  After dry heaving once, I was able to swallow the rest.

 

Hope you enjoy the pictures…..more to come….

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looks like fun! Do you still practice WW? I guess you burn enough calories over there not to worry about it! BTY this is LaFrances