Monday, February 7, 2011

Highlight for Today....

I am hoping to post a little more often….so the posts might be really random….like this one…..

 

I LOVE Tuesdays here in PNG.  Tuesdays are by far my favorite day of each week.  Friday comes in as a close second.  On Monday, Wednesday and Thursdays, I go into work in the morning.  I also have a Bible Study (11th Grade Girls, PNG Ladies, Couples Groups) on each of those nights.  Even though I am really enjoying my work…..and of course I love spending time with the amazing people I am forming relationships with…..it is nice to have a day like Tuesday.

 

Here is my typical Tuesday:

 

Wake Up

Wash Dishes and Clean

10:30am- Go to a tea party with Ben at the Director’s wife’s house……yummy food, flavored coffee and friends I don’t get to see very often

Shop at the Store

Lunch

Quiet Time

Soccer Practice

NOTHING but relaxing…..until bed!

 

See why I like Tuesdays?  It isn’t like I don’t have anything to do on a Tuesday.  It is more that I get to relax in the morning, go to a fun tea where Ben has SO much fun and then my day is practically over!! 

 

But, this Tuesday was different…..this Tuesday was BETTER than other Tuesdays…..you want to know why?  It is because the store had an unexpected surprise…..it had pre-packaged GRATED cheese!  You may think I am joking, but I kid you not.  This little thing just MADE by week (possibly my month)!!

 

I absolutely HATE to grate cheese.  I have a food processor…..so you would think that I would learn to use it to do this….but I haven’t.  Also, there is just something so hassle-free about having already packaged grated cheese. It is a HUGE time saver…..and it makes dinners so much easier to make and enjoy.

 

On a side note, could you guys pray for our store situation?  For the last month, the US or Australia version of products have completely disappeared.  We are by no means starving here….but you get used to the limited supply, you know?  You start to depend on the store to have certain things….which is not good to do….but it is done by us all.  So when something happens unexpectedly, it just throws more stress into an already stressful life.  Recently (the rumor is), a big store in the “city” of Lae purchased all of our goods by mistake.  We do live in The Land of the Unexpected……so this should not come as a surprise….but it does add to cultural stress.  There is just no telling when another store shipment will come or if we have to wait for the next shipment which is months away.….Or, if the food does come and was special ordered….there is no telling whether we will all have to pay more to cover the added expense of a mistake like this.  So, we are having to adjust our menus and plan ahead a little differently.  I know, I shouldn’t whine and complain…..but it is hard, you know?

 

I have been praying that God would continue to show me how to rely on him.  I think I was praying specifically about our house and all the head-aches associated with it and the unknowns…..little did I know that even in times like this, God is showing me my need to be flexible…..and that I need to just let go of this sense of “entitlement”.  I live my life in a state of “I deserve this” and “I deserve that”.  My prayer for myself (and for you), is that God would take you to a place of dependence on Him…..and that will look differently for us all.  What do you feel “entitled to”?  What do you feel you “deserve?”  And, how is that keeping you from being flexible and willing and available to be used by God?

 

So, there’s my random post for you….hope you enjoyed it!!

1 comment:

awei2362 said...

Get a large chunk of cheese, grate it in the food processor, then freeze it in small bags that thaw quickly...