Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Coaching Soccer.....

During term 2, Caleb was able to coach soccer at the High School.  Because his work schedule was kind of crazy (always going here and always going there), he was not able to commit to as many practices as he would have liked.  But, the time that he spent with the guys…..well, it was a highlight of his week.  During a time when security issues were rising, it was a nice distraction and a good way to think about something other than work for a change.  Above, you will see a picture of his team, which was made up of grades 7 through 10.  Next year, who knows, maybe he will get to coach the A Team!

 

We are currently in term 3, and I have been helping to coach the girls’ high school soccer team.  We do not have enough girls for two full teams, so a few of us are helping to coach.  The girls recently had a game here on center.  So, I am attaching a couple pictures from that.  Also, on Saturday, I get to travel with the team to the town of Goroka (about 2 hours away).  The girls have a tournament and I am really looking forward to spending the day coaching…..more pictures to come….

No comments: