It feels like only yesterday when we were celebrating our birthdays during the Pacific Orientation Course. We were SO ready to be done with the course and move to Ukarumpa. Wow….so much has happened in a year.
Today started out really nice. I walked to market this morning to go shopping for my friend Jessie. She is going to be back this week and I am so excited. For the past 4-5 weeks, she has been on a pre-allocation trip to the village. If everything goes well, she will most likely join this project for the next two years.
When I went to market, I bought two bouquets of flowers….which costs less than a dollar for both! Who says you can’t buy flowers for yourself on your birthday? Caleb cannot go to market because too many people stop him to talk to him about security or they ask him for work.
When I got back to the apartment, Ben was all ready for Daycare and Caleb took him in. I was then able to relax around the house a bit, while cleaning up. Usually on Mondays, I rush right into the Computer and Technical Services Department (CTS) to begin work. But, I didn’t have a lot of work waiting for me….so I enjoyed the morning ALONE.
Then, at noon, I had a lunch date. A friend of mine invited me to eat lunch with her at the Director’s Office. It turns out that it was a surprise party for me….complete with a birthday sign, balloons, a card and German cupcakes with ice cream. YUM!
Hope you enjoy the pictures so far…..this afternoon I am helping to coach soccer followed by Bible Study night with my 11th grade girls….Caleb bought everything for root beer floats, which we plan to share with the girls. And, when I walked in this afternoon, I noticed Ben wrapping a present for me…..fun times!
1 comment:
Happy Birthday Adrienne! :)
Post a Comment