I think I need to start this post with a….(sigh)!
Just when we thought we were transitioning out of one phase that Ben has been going through (defiance), we transition into another one. Ben has been doing much better lately….I know that a lot of that has to do with prayer….and a lot has to do with establishing somewhat of a routine again. I am not one to keep the same routine (if something much better comes up, out goes the routine….and we go with the flow). But, for those days when there is NOTHING to do…it has helped. And, it has helped Ben’s attitude.
But….alas….we have hit a new phase….this one involves complete nudity! (Shut it, Joe Garner! No comments from you!)
Ben has started undressing entirely before falling asleep. When we go in to check on him, he is butt naked….diaper and all is completely off. The first time, we got a good laugh, took a picture for the grandparents and thought nothing of it. But, it is going on one week since that first “incident” and he has undressed every single night since. It gets better. We get him dressed before WE go to bed….but find him completely undressed AGAIN by the morning. Cute, right? Not when he pees the bed!
I find it so odd at bedtime. “Ben, brush your teeth. Let’s read a book. Give Mom and Dad a hug. Say Your Prayers. And DON’T take your diaper off tonight.” To which he responds, “K, Mom” (A bit sarcastically….a bit too much like a teenager…..I promise I can see that twinkle of mischief in his eye).
Obviously this is a phase…..a rather comical one…..and we are only hoping that it is the beginning of potty training. Clearly the boy can practically hold it all until first thing in the morning. Only time will tell….
No comments:
Post a Comment