But....it is still hard at times. My friend Kerry had her baby boy last month. Even though we live in different states, I would have at least been able to see the pictures and call and share in the joy....even if it was just in a small way. But, here, she seems so far away....and I have yet to be able to download a picture yet.
The same is true for my best friend from Elementary School, Dawn. She got engaged while we were in village living and I just found out today. I haven't even met her now fiance. I haven't even been able to see his picture.
These are the moments where I feel like we count the cost. I know that there are more to come....and I pray that God would continue to equip me (and our friends and family) as these times come up and go by...with us here and them there.
Kerry and Dawn....miss you tons....congratulations!
5 comments:
I miss you too! I can't imagine how hard that it has been, but know that we love you and support you in everything that you are doing. If you need anything at all, let me know! I can even mail pictures - haha :)
We miss you all too! It was a wonderful surprise to talk to you last night! We are so very proud of your all...you are amazing Christians and people! Love you guys!
Adrienne - I feel it too. You were acutely aware of my struggles to get pregnant, so sharing in the celebration would have been 100X as sweet, so YES, we miss you too. We'll send you an awesome picture. love you!
I've had several of those times recently, too... my best friend getting married and then my brother without time to get home. It's hard being on the other side of the world... knowing and trusting that somehow, it's all for good, even though we don't understand it...
To all Adrienne's friends back home - DO send pictures! I'm guessing it's the same in PNG as it is in Tanzania - correct me if I'm wrong, Adrienne - but it's nearly impossible to print off pictures. Especially during this time of training. Having real, physical photos to put up around the house or share with others is a HUGE blessing... a joy to be able to pray for those we see every day... and a reminder that we really aren't standing alone here on the other side of the world!
Hey Caleb and Adrienne! Its been awesome following along in ya'lls adventures through this blog. I can somewhat understand what you guys are going through because I know exactly what it feels like to be ready to finish training and get back to a "normal" lifestyle. Keeps your head up and know that it'll be over before you know it and you'll be looking back saying "that wasn't as bad as it seemed at the time". Besides, think of all the great stories you have to tell now! I'm back in NC now at Combat Control School and I should be done here in the middle of June. I wish ya'll could be here for the graduation, but I guess pictures will just have to suffice. I miss you guys. Make sure Ben knows who I am whenever I see you guys again!
Post a Comment