Also, Caleb and I plan to go back to our village this Wednesday (America's Tuesday) for one last "Good-Bye". We had to leave so quickly, we feel as if it is something that has to be done. In the meantime, we are back on the campus of the training school. All the other students will return in two more days.
Once all the students return, we will all debrief our village living experiences. After that, we will all start packing! Next Tuesday, we leave for Ukarumpa!! Can you feel the excitement oozing from the screen as you read this??
In a nutshell, this village experience taught us SO much about PNG. I can't imagine trying to live here without having gone through this experience. My vocabulary and understanding of the language has increased dramatically. Caleb has proven to himself (and to me) how well he knows the language and how capable he is of being the leader God has called him to be in this "other" world, if you will! We surprised ourselves in more ways than one. I look forward to writing more. Plus, we will be working on a new newsletter.....so stay tuned!
No comments:
Post a Comment