Well, it happened.
The Trooper is no longer safe to drive.
So, we were faced with the question (one we have been asking ourselves over and over again):
Could we be a one car kind of family?
We've decided to try it out!
We do, after all, live in a town that makes it really easy to do this.
And, look at these views and bike paths that are every where around town!
Here are a couple of reasons I think this "could" work (I am not trying to be naive.....come the first snow, I might be begging for a car of my own...)
1) Ben absolutely, positively LOVES riding his bike. He has fallen down a few times, but the kid is right back up and ready for more.
2) Melanie love SPEED. If she is awake, she is running. If she is outside, she is begging to get in her stroller or trailer. Not to mention she loves talking to everyone that we pass, dogs included.
3) I admit, these picture were taken when it was nice and warm. But, we live two roads away from Ben's school. And, the plan is that if there is snow (or icy rain), Caleb will work from home in the morning and then take Ben into school. So, in a way, this is better. It means Mel and I can enjoy the snow from inside the house....and not even have to take Ben into school. :)
4) I have found that you do not need coffee when you get a brisk morning ride in every morning. Being in Colorado and enjoying the beauty of this place is one of the best ways to fully wake up.
5) And, probably the number one reason I feel like I can do this for a few months-
The freedom I feel when I get to ride around, with my kids, without a man.....
I need to explain just a little bit.
But, that will be my next post....
No comments:
Post a Comment