Hi Friends and Family,
Just wanted to take the time now to explain about Caleb and the next 8 days.
He was asked to join our friend Ryan on a hike to Ryan’s village. Ryan is a translator and is working with a new language. You can see the details on the hike by following this link:
http://pennedinpng.wordpress.com/2010/11/09/saut-hike-plans-and-prayers/
For the next 8 days, I will be on my own while he is serving in this way. Though I am so happy that Caleb gets this opportunity to work this closely with a Bible translation project, I am afraid of the next 8 days!
It takes a lot of mental energy to “stay connected” with our “life” back in the States. So much time is spent communicating with those back home. When Caleb is here, and when things are good, it is worth every minute of the time spent. But, I have learned this boundary that I need to set for myself: when Caleb is gone, I just can’t stay connected as well. So, I thought I would mention this up front. Please continue to e-mail me and contact us…..but please be aware that it will be at least 10 days before I can get back to you!
I will try and update this blog and/or Facebook…..but that will be about the extent of it for a short time.
Thanks for understanding….I hope to explain more….like what an actual day without Caleb here looks like.
No comments:
Post a Comment