Saturday, November 9, 2013

New Friends.....Re-Newed Commitment....

Our church had this great idea.  Why not pair up some of the CSU college kids with families in the church?  It's a win/win.  We get to connect with kids we otherwise would not see that often and they get a home away from dorm!

We got to spend some quality time with Michelle at our church's Halloween/Harvest party.  She was in charge of the Fruit Loop necklace making station.  Our kids seek her out now and won't leave her side.  Maaaaaaybe it has a little something to do with the dance party we had a couple days before. She brings a lot of fun and life when she comes to hang out.  Looking forward to building this friendship!



Michelle likes to run and reminded me that I like to run, too!  It's about that time of year....the time I started training for my half marathon last year.  She told me that she is planning to do the Colorado Half and you know what??  I decided to run it again too....would love to improve my time a bit!

So, here are some pictures of the beautiful bike paths and places to run around town.  Looking at pictures like this, I am reminded how much I truly love running and biking and being active.  So, here's to another Colorado Half (after the Turkey Trot and possibly the Jingle Bell Run).  It's great to have so many friends here who like these kinds of things, too!




No comments: