As Adrienne pointed out in her "Stats" post, our life has been very mobile in the last couple of months. I wanted to apologize to those of you we didn't get to spend any time with, and apologize even more to those that we did! (I know we bring a whirlwind with us wherever we go)
That being said, we really have to give thanks to God for putting such people in our lives that give of themselves and their time to make us feel comfortable and loved. Yes, we are tired of driving, and yes, our kids hardly know which way is up any longer, and yes, we are looking forward to settling in to the next phase in life and ministry... But we leave with regrets.
Here we are, sitting in Orlando at our organization's headquarters for our final debrief and more, and we will leave here and go directly to Colorado and a new job and a new ministry. I've had a chance to reflect on all those things that didn't get done, both in PNG and with our home church in Raleigh.
However, God pulled together this move to Colorado, I have no doubt about that. Long before our interest in Wycliffe, I was looking at Crisis Consultants International (CCI). Long before we left for PNG, CCI moved it's HQ to Colorado Springs. And long before we considered going to PNG, God was moving Adrienne's aunt, Diane, to take a job in Fort Collins Colorado. And so, as I go to join Diane working at OtterBox, and begin to volunteer with CCI in Colorado Springs, I cannot do anything else but give praise to the Guy who made it all happen!
A lesson then, from our time in PNG: Faith seems to be an action word. Doing something "in faith" changes the meaning of the word from flowery "christianese" lingo, into a powerful witness to God's person and abilities. I hope to keep that lesson for life.
No comments:
Post a Comment