Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Christmas Eve Shenanigans!

I'm going to let the pictures do most of the talking in this post

On Christmas Eve, Caleb took his parents (and Ben) up into the Rocky Mountain National Park to go snow shoeing around Bear Lake. 








I stayed back with Mel (who was in need of some down time)....and prepared lots of fun appetizer foods for when they all got back- crab and artichoke dip, hot pepper jelly & cream cheese, Shrimp, chips and homemade salsa, etc.

We went to the 5pm church service and Ben sat with us.  All the kids got to go down front, hear a little Christmas message about Jesus as our King....then they all got candy canes!


It would not be complete without a candlelit "O Holy Night".



Then, it was home and to Bed....but not before leaving out some of "Santa's" favorite things!
(Reeces Peanut Butter Cups got added to the spread this year.....)

You might notice our Jesse Tree in the background.  I am so excited because while my mother-in-law was here, we hand painted ornaments for next year.  So, say "Good-Bye" to this little tree and our drawings.  Next year, I cannot wait to show you our new tree (and tradition)!

No comments: